Raleigh >White Collar Crime
Tried to screw me over... Twice.
Tried to charge me $24 for 3 well vodka sodas. Took forever (10-15 minutes) to then again get their attention just to refund and charge the correct amount, which was still more than anywhere else downtown at $6 for Aristocrat. Not only was this annoying that they overcharged me, but they were rude about refunding and recharging my account. The bartender didn't offer any sort of accommodation...
Oh wait, yes they did... because I checked my bank account and they wrote in a tip I didn't leave. Terrible service, crappy bar, and to top it off a SHADY STAFF. I will never go back to this place again and I most certainly will be calling the owner tomorrow as I kept my receipts with the gut feeling they'd try to rob me again.
Laid back and no cover. Great house music, very attentive bar staff, Great decor, does get very crowded as the night progresses. Great place to start or end the night.
Excellent DJ, Very cool fun vibe... worth checking out!.
If you dig a good vibe with an incredible DJ then this is your place. I'll break White Collar Crime down in pros and cons.
1) Great Atmosphere: Excellent ambiance and decor, brick walls, couches, art, good lighting, high ceilings (I think it's a converted bank vault)
2) GREAT DJ!!!! Did I say great DJ??? If you like to dance (actually move and not just grind to booty music all night) then this cat will have you moving. Spun everything from today's dance hits to old skool hip hop and he knew how to mix it. there were some seriously good dancers there too. Everyone was having a good time too.
3) Good staff... Bar was packed but I never waited that long for drinks. Tip well!
4) Just a good vibe. Lots of nice looking people there having a good time, and no disrespect that I felt anyway. Everyone was pretty cool.
5) NO COVER!!!! More money for drinks!
1) small dance floor. As good as the DJ is you'd think that there'd be more room for dancing, but the space is pretty small in the "designated area" (which really isn't all that designated). Still, I had room most of the night to groove while everyone was getting their liquid courage going before dancing.
2) Smokey (depending on where you stand)... the ceilings are pretty high so it doesn't feel overly smokey. This is only bothersome, I suppose, if you are not a smoker, which I am not (and I just moved from a state with a no smoking law).
3) This has nothing to do with the club itself, but their website is kind of week (dosometime . com) takes you to a myspace that, at the very least needs some more pictures of the action.
The Pros definitely outweigh the cons. good looking, respectful people, good vibe, great DJ, good dancing, no cover... yeah I'll be back.
Looking for trouble?.
I have been going to this club for the past month. The past 3 weekends I have witnessed 2 fights one a girl got cut with a broken beer bottle and nothing was reported the girl who did the cutting was simply thrown out of the bar. If you ask me I think more should have been done to this individual. 1 fight was 2 guys just misunderstanding one another. The other was almost a fight but luckily both guys had friends to cool one another down and get them off the others minds and stop the sense of needing to wanna fight the other. What I have to say about this place is not good because all of these fights or arguments rather were due to one accidentally stepping on ones "puma" or falling on another then the whole "racial" comments are made. Then of course nothing good happens after that. I come from a big city (305) and I never had this much of a problem going out with race or any of the above problems. Not to mention I was slipped the well known "date abuse pill" at this club as well and when i got home i fell and busted my nose open.
so further more.... If you are looking for trouble this is FOR SURE the place to be. To any parents reading this who are just simply wanting to know if the place your child is going to is safe trust me when i say... They are NOT safe here.
If they are already out at this place and you have a bad feeling lets hope they have good friends like i do and they do get home safely.
If you like lame, this is your place..
If you're into 20-somethings and 30-somethings who try to act like they're all hoity-toity (basically, yuppie heaven) then this is your place. Last time our group of friends went, a fat girl started a fight with a skinny dude. NOT COOL. she was looking for a fight and it was nice when she was kicked out. Seriously, this place is hilariously whack. Po' people who try to look ballin' and they ain't. Collars up, loafers on, let's go!
The only superb thing about that place is that the bouncers react in no time. They kicked the fat girl out fast. And they got rid of the little boy who tried to aim a glass for the skinny dude but missed and nailed the wrong guy. Weak arm. But the bouncers bounced on them & they were out in a flash.
So if you like Jessica Simpson and John Mayer but act like you can dance to Fitty Cent, see ya there!
friendly workers, love the atmosphere, lots of fun, but sucky website. I love the people there, the atmosphere is awesome, good for either a drink on the weekdays or a night out for parting. Only complaint ....I couldn't find anything as far as becoming a member on the website's.
BestNite-N-awhile. I went to White Collar Crime last Sat for the first time and had a blast. The dj really knows what he is doing, mixing everything from Three 6 Remixes to Reggae to Old school! Kinda crowded but it was cool. I'll be back next Sat!
Raleigh at its Best!!. One of the hottest spots in raleigh! Totally Plush Atmosphere and Fantastic Artwork and Decor. Recommended to anyone who enjoys relaxed settings with great music and great looking people. Totally worth checking out!
Welcome Addition!. In what will soon be the best "new area" in Raleigh it's nice to have a place that knows what to do. From the word go these guys put together a bar that made waves in the downtown area. This place nearly has it all, from cool artwork, to an oddly great place to see some live music.
Drink cocktails and kick back on sexy leather couches at this upscale Raleigh bar..
The ambience is cool: a bright open space, 20-foot-high ceilings with skylights, French doors (open in warm weather), cozy seating, and a contemporary look. Friends flock to this former Wells Fargo vault for after-work drinks and to enjoy the outdoor scene (heated in winter) as much as the interior's spacious area. Patrons can drink, dance, and even play with a myriad of board games.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!